This week on Pinterest I came across a post on fun, simple DoItYourself t-shirt bags. I’m beginning to sound like a broken record when I say I don’t sew, but after Zoe reviewed the steps and made a bag of her own, she assured me that I could easily whip one up in less than 2o minutes. She was right!
I love how mine turned out and can’t wait to make a whole bunch more next week. Even if you are super un-crafty or afraid of sewing machines (something is always jamming!), I know you can do this.
2) Generous sister-in-law who will let you borrow her sewing machine and hold your hand the entire time you are using it
3) Old t-shirt
4) Dinner plate
10 Minute Instructions:
1) Procure old t-shirt.
2) Turn t-shirt inside out and line up/pin the bottom.
3) Sew along seam.
4) Don’t forget to backstitch.
5) You’re done sewing! Now cut off the fat.
6) Cut off sleeves.
7) Enjoy conversation with all your helpers.
8) Take a plate and trace out the top of your bag. You can choose how deep.
10) You’re done! Money spent: $0.00.
These bags are easily folded up and jammed into a purse for all your shopping needs. Also great for the beach or for your kids to tote around their toys. Quick, easy, green, and trendy. I’m excited to experiment with different sizes and patterns and make more. Maybe I don’t hate sewing after all!