Friday snacks are a day early this week so that I can focus on the important things this holiday season, like eating Christmas cookies.
See you on the other side.
Baby Daddy bought jeans for the first time since college. A few of us teamed up and convinced him to go skinny. Now all he needs is an owl tattoo.
But seriously, he looks good.
One of my best friends turned 28, so we painted pottery.
I decided to make Baby’s First Christmas Ball.
This is why I don’t do crafts.
I get at least a dozen hits a day from someone googling “pregnant barbie.”
I find this incredibly satisfying.
From my mom.
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Melanie Baker <email has been removed so you don’s spam my mom>
Date: Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Subject: Christmas week FOOD
To: Dave Baker <removed>, Kathrine Baer <removed>, Kelly Anne Fry <removed>
Kate’s Ultra Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In another large bowl. stir together butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla and cocoa.
4. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Mix until combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
6. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
7. Bake about 9 minutes. I like them better a bit undercooked.
8. Cool on a baking rack.
9. Stuff your face.
10. Feel awesome.
Attention Choir Nerds:
The next one is coming out soon, and this time I’m singing along.
More info here.
Some dear friends visited yesterday.
We love them so much, but they live far away and we had yet to meet each others babies, born just weeks apart.
Waylon, meet your future wife.
Yeah, I said it.
Quite possibly the best version of the Christmas story ever.