These pizza puffs are the last food I made before I popped out a baby. They aren’t something I would ever make for Austin and I, but we were having guests (boys) over for dinner and I knew they’d enjoy them.
Simple, easy, and party perfect. Recipe adapted from this chick.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces pepperoni, cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (unless you have fresh!)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup (or more) pizza sauce of choice
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder and other dry ingredients; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan, and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the pizza sauce until warmed through, then stir in 1 tablespoon basil if it needs more flavor. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
Freeze the baked puffs in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag. To reheat, bake the frozen puffs on a baking sheet in a 350° oven for 8 to 10 minutes.