(As of April 1, 2011) Austin works and I do not. So when he comes home for lunch I try to have something ready for him. It is less a matter of gender roles and more about saying “hey thanks for painting in this awful heat because I know you hate it.” I also occasionally enjoy cooking.
Lately these noontime meals have taken a turn for the worse. I only noticed it the other day when I saw Baby Daddy sadly staring down at his plate of two bologna sandwiches and a pile of raisins. I suppose I’ve lost motivation.
Of course I have a big fat excuse hanging around my middle, but I still felt bad and decided to spice things up here at the end of the week with a delicious rendition of Grilled Cheese that I spied on this site. These toasty sandwiches are delicious. If avocados weren’t so expensive, I’d have added them as well.
1) Homemade Bread is best, but I bought a loaf of freshly made Italian from the bakery because it’s just too hot to be making bread.
2) Homemade Pesto is best (broken record!), but I bought a jar at the grocery store due to lack of a garden or sunlight for porch herbs.
4) Cheese of choice, I used a slices of Colby and Wisconsin Sharp. The original recipe calls for mozzarella (but I think that might be terribly boring).
Very Obvious Instructions
1) Spread the pesto on two pieces of bread.
2) Slice tomatoes and cheese and put them in the middle.
3) Grill on skillet (or panini maker if you have one), taking care to cover and press on both sides.