If you know me, you know my sister. Not only do I talk about her all the time, but we’re fairly similar and look exactly alike without looking anything alike.
Kelly is great because we share so many things; childhood memories, favorite foods, favorite movies, pet peeves, and ridiculous reasons to laugh are just a few. If I can count on anyone, I can count on her to understand how I’m feeling and why I’m feeling it. My current emotional, sappy self prevents me from saying too much more without turning into mush, so I’ll just say this: She rocks.
To continue my brief 10 Question Interviews with favorites like Baby Daddy, Auntie Zoe, and Grandma and Grandpa Baker, here are Aunt Kelly’s answers to 10 questions regarding our spring arrival. Thanks Sister.
Dear Aunt Kelly,
1. What was your first reaction when you heard about Baby Baer?
I couldn’t believe it! I was mad at first that I was at work when I got the news and couldn’t properly scream in happiness. I was also extremely honored to be the first to find out other than baby daddy.
2. Do you think your sister is even moderately prepared to give birth?
Probs not, but I plan on being there to advise as necessary. Austin and I may have to pow-wow before hand to have a game plan. As long as well all have our K.B.B.’s* we’re good.
*Katie Birth Bag
3. Are you excited to be an aunt?
Not enough words to describe my excitement. I will be the favorite aunt, hands down.
4. Any special thoughts about having a nephew in particular?
I will encourage him to explore other areas of interest other than hunting which his papa and favorite uncle will over emphasize.
5. What am I possibly going to do with a boy? We played house and school all day.
Hmm…I would read up on Cowboys and Indians.
6. I have this reoccurring dream that I give birth to a sick kitten and don’t want it anymore. What does this mean?
You don’t want your baby to have as many medical issues as you have had in the past. But he won’t, so stop subconsciously thinking about it.
7. Any predictions about the arrival of Baby Baer?
Nope. Like dad said, he will come on his own time. I bet he’ll be just as stubborn as both his parents.
8. What do you think he’ll be like when he’s older? I have no idea.
Kind. Quirky. Hilarious. Insightful. Musically talented. One of the best kids I’ll ever know.
9. Any word on future cousins for him to play with?
10. What is your greatest wish for Baby Baer?
This is a hard one…I wish that he speaks honestly, dreams wildly, and loves unconditionally. I wish him everything and more.